The British Consulate-General invites applications for a full-time Economic Officer based in Sao Paulo, to work as part of the wider Prosperity Team which includes the British Embassy in Brasilia.
This is a challenging and rewarding role analysing all aspects of the Brazilian financial sector and other major sectors of the economy centred in Sao Paulo. The successful candidate will also work closely with UK Trade and Investment in identifying opportunities for UK business, and will assist the network on the wide range of issues under the FCO’s prosperity agenda, including energy and green growth. These issues are at the very heart of the UK’s foreign policy priorities and the successful candidate will play a vital role in helping to shape them.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analysing and reporting on Brazil’s financial sector and the implications for the UK and global markets;
- Working with the Brazilian Central Bank to ensure that UK and Brazilian objectives for financial sector reform are complementary;
- Analysing and reporting on significant macroeconomic issues in the state of Sao Paulo;
- Working closely with UK Trade and Investment on identifying and promoting key opportunities for UK business, particularly financial services providers;
- Assisting in the implementation of the wider FCO’s prosperity agenda, including on energy, green growth, science and innovation.
The successful candidate will be ambitious and self-motivated with excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communications skills in both English and Portuguese. A good understanding of financial markets and international economics would be a strong advantage, as would experience of having lived or studied in the UK. Applicants must also have:
- A University degree in Economics and/or Finance or a closely related discipline;
- 3 years of relevant work experience and/or post-graduate University-level training; and
- Excellent computer skills.
Closing deadline for applications: 13 April 2011
Monthly Salary: Starting at R$5866.
Start date: May 2011
Please send a CV and covering letter in English with two references by e-mail to the British Embassy in Brasilia:
Human Resources Officer (Ref: ECO)
Para maiores informações clique aqui